Bowers has employed Green building techniques long before it became
the “in” thing to do. Green building is the use of
techniques and materials that promote the health of your family,
your community and the environment. Green building is just common
sense; good for the client, good for the environment. Here are
some of the Green principals Bowers does on every project:
- When we design a remodeling project, we start with the question,
“how can we reuse existing space in the house to meet
the client’s needs?” Sometimes, clients’
needs can be accomplished by reconfiguring their current space.
We always consider this option first, before we add space
to the home. This saves on the use of new building materials.
- Our entire staff believes in thinking green. Not only because
it is the right thing to do, but we understand that it is
a long term benefit for our community and our environment.
- We reuse and recycle old building materials. Whether is it
reusing flooring or doors…we look for ways to reuse
good quality, safe materials. This is always done, of course,
with the permission of the client.
- We always recommend high efficiency windows, doors, insulation
and other building materials. It not only saves on the client’s
heating and cooling bills, but helps the environment.
- We encourage use of low water use plumbing fixtures and appliances.
- We design kitchens and mud rooms with space for household
- We love the look of natural materials, but we encourage the
use of synthetic materials that have an authentic look when
appropriate. This saves our natural resources and some help
with energy bills.
This is by no means the complete list of Green techniques that can be
used. For more tips and ideas on building green, click on www.greenhomeguide.org.
Please feel free to discuss your specific Green ideas with our design
team. To contact a Bowers design professional, click