Our clients loved their contemporary home on a wooded lot…except
for their kitchen. It was small, dark and narrow.
They wanted to:
- open up the kitchen to their beautifully wooded lot
- make it bigger
- update the look
- and, add modern appliances and features.
We were able to accomplish all these things with creativity and
- To make the kitchen feel more open to the yard, we removed
the rear wall and “bumped out” into the existing
lanai. The lanai was barely used and served mostly as a convenient
place to stash storage items.
- To make the kitchen larger and less narrow, we moved the
kitchen wall further into the adjacent dining room, adding
more than two feet of space.
- To give the kitchen a more updated look, our interior designer
worked with the client’s preferred color palette and
developed cabinets and lighting fixtures that are bold without
taking away from the abundance of nature now seen through
the new glass wall at the rear of the home.
- We added all the latest in appliances and conveniences:
- wine refrigerator
- warming drawer
- five burner gas cook top
- “Instant” hot water at the sink
- PC work station within the kitchen for this busy
- and more.
The final result is a kitchen that has significantly increased
the appeal of the entire home, bringing in lots of natural light
and sized appropriately for today’s cook. Our clients recently
held a party so that their friends and relatives could see and
appreciate their new kitchen!